Gluten-Free Banana Bread with Blueberries
Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner, as a snack…whenever…and it’s great plain, warmed or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top!
Gluten-free Banana Bread with Blueberries
2 1/2 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil (melt and cool oil before adding to batter)
1 cup almond milk (any milk can be substituted)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
1/2 cup almond flour (or almond meal)
1/4 cup hemp hearts (original recipe used flaxseed meal)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cardamom *
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
1 cup fresh blueberries (or any fresh berry of your choosing)
* cardamom: Great for digestion, skin & hair! Article
If you like nuts in your bread, add ½ cup walnuts and/or pecans to batter at the time you add the berries.
If you prefer your bread without any or all of the four spices, omit them. I love spices and thought it gave the bread a little pizazz.
1) In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the fresh berries.
4) Mix together and pour the batter into a greased 9” x 5” loaf pan which has been lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until done (when toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean). This is a very moist bread and it may be “wet” on the bottom because of the bananas and berries.
6) Cool on rack before cutting. Bread can be refrigerated or frozen.
This recipe is adapted from a Fearless Dining recipe, Gluten Free Super Moist Banana Bread with Cranberries
Shellee's Gluten-Free Kitchen is a collection of delicious recipes for everyone desiring a gluten-free diet of natural, healthy foods for themselves and their families. Shellee Gero has a degree in Nutrition and is a long-time proponent of the gluten-free lifestyle. Visit her page often for more fabulous gluten-free recipes! Shellee's Gluten-Free Kitchen